A little about my journey so far.......
I'm a nature lover, a tea-lover, a dance in the rain- swim first thing in the morning kinda gal. ( though currently swim first thing in morning isn't happening cause I live in the desert!) My word is wanderlust or maybe forest- perhaps waves or even delicious....luscious?
Okay - So I have lots. Yep I do. But that's the point, in all I do I strive for happiness in discovering more ways to heal, shine and glow.
I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease when I was 21 Years old, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) when I was 24 and Graves Disease when I was 34. So autoimmune diseases in some form or another ruled my life for over 10 years. Enough is enough. I am on a mission to heal myself from autoimmune disease and Glow from the inside and help others to do the same.
Yoga is the Game Changer for me- it literally saved me from numerous stress related and autoimmune disorders and has brought me the greatest gift of all: self-love and self acceptance. But its a constant work in progress -its all about the journey and about balance.
My other word is earth. In fact it probably is my word. I have a deep connection with all in nature, perhaps that's why Wanderlust is my other world. I like to connect with different environments all over the world. I am deeply committed to living lightly and sustainably on this planet. And I love helping others to see that to live this way is the best thing you can do for your life, your body and mind, your spirit and the earth.
Im a self taught foodie/nutritionist and lover of all good foods and believe that not one style of eating is right for everyone. We're all completely unique individuals and I believe in listening to your body and making choices that feed your soul, nourish your mind and keep your heart shining bright!
I am currently living the dream in the red desert dirt of Central Australia, Alice Srings - where red dirt, big skies, and ancient mountains surround me.
I look forward to seeing you soon on the mat, wherever you may be in this beautiful world x Mid
* have a Bachelors Degree in Ecotourism from Flinders University and spent the first part of my life heavily involved in the conservation of Australian native animals and habitats. I have worked in some of the most remote locations in Australia with some of the rarest animals in our country and feel privileged to have done this service. I was a zookeeper and animal trainer for 12 years working primarily as a Free Flight Bird Show Trainer and Presenter, working with Raptors, Parrots and other birds and mammals.
Yoga Qualifications and Continuing Professional Development:
* 500 HR Yoga Teaching Diploma form the Victorian Institute of Yoga Teacher Training and Education.
My current teachers are : Tiffany Cruikshank founder of Yoga Medicine ( Chinese Medicine Dr and Acupuncturist), Yogarupa Rod Stryker ( Founder of ParaYoga and Enlightened Sleep Yoga Nidra) & Elena Brower.
* Currently studying towards my 500 HR Advanced Yoga Medicine Teacher Training with Tiffany Cruikshank Yoga Medicine and have completed the following modules;
Sequencing with a Purpose (60HRS, 2013)
Anatomy and Dysfunction of Hips (60HRS, 2014)
Yin and Meditations (60HRS, 2016)
Anatomy and Dysfunction of the Spine (60 HRS, 2018)
Myofascial Release of the Neck/Shoulders, Hips, Legs & Feet ( Online, 6 Hrs
Pain Science for Yoga Teachers (Online, 3 HRS)
Yoga Medicine Yoga Anatomy ( 20 Hours Online)
Yoga and Chinese Medicine ( 20 Hours Online)
This training is ongoing and I travel each year to continue my studies with this teacher.. Its a fusion of east/west modalities, with an emphasis on anatomy, dysfunction fused with Chinese Medicine and giving individualised attention to our students and the learning of ways to incorporate these into not just our privates but also group classes to give our students the most accurate and up to date information regarding their health. To empower our students.
* Currently Studying YOGA PSYCHE SOUL ~ Online Modules:
Foundations of Yoga Psychology, Embodied Psychology of the Chakras & Meditation, Mindfullness & Neuroscience. ~ With Yoga Psychology with Ashley Turner, 2018-2019
* Teachers Workshops "Space" and "Time", plus Teachers Immersion "Luminous Listening" with Elena Brower, Bryon Bay March 2019.
* "Art of Attention Meditation Course" & "Cultivating Spiritual Intelligence" AND "Elevate: Practice You, A Mentorship" ~ Elena Brower
* Yin Fundamentals & Sequencing, 15 HRS, June 2018, with Jennifer Crescenzo,
* ParaYoga Yoga Nidra Enlightened Sleep Training , 5 DAYS, August 2018 with Yogarupa Rod Stryker of Para Yoga
*20 HR Fascia Vinyasa Teacher Amplification Training in July 2017 with Alexa Neheter.
*75HR Teacher Training with Nicole Walsh and Rod Gilbrath InYoga - "Teaching with a Passion and Purpose" - Nov 2017
*Weekend 3 -Day Intensive in July 2016 with Kathryn Budig
* Level One Member of Yoga Australia. ( meaning I have completed my initial training that was 350 HRS or More over a period of 1 year. & that I continue to complete at a MINIMUM 60 HR of Professional training and development each year)
* I also hold a Advanced First Aid Certificate & in my role as a Remote Ranger attended and co-ordinated many rescues that involved serious and fatal injuries, often involving Helicopter evacuation.